Thanks to all Y&O 2018 Campers.
We hope you had a great festival.
See you next year!
YOURS & OWLS SEPTEMBER 2018 CAMPING
Yours and Owls Festival is Friday 28 September 2018 to Monday 1 October 2018!
Here’s everything you need to know about camping:
The camp sites are located at Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort.
Each camping ticket provides accommodation for one person on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Check in is open between 12pm and 11pm on Friday and from 8am on Saturday. You will need to bring your own tent, sleeping bag or doona, pillow and any other necessities. Camping spaces provide space for tents only. No vehicles, camper vans, or caravans will be allowed in the camping area.
Camping spaces are allocated upon arrival. If you want to camp with your friends, you will need to arrive together. Once unloaded you will be directed to park your car in the car parking area.
The spaces for tents are marked out on the grass as a guide for 2-person-tents. If you have 4 people staying in a tent together, it is okay to use 2 of the 2-person space allocations for one 4-person tent. You wont have room to put up a 4-person tent for only 2 people. WSLR caravan park staff and some festival volunteers will be around until 11pm to help with hammers for your tent pegs and showing you where to park.
You will have access to amenities at the campground including hot showers & toilets.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF A CAMPING TICKET
- If staying as a group, you must arrive together OR if arriving later than most of the group, give pre-written authorisation at least 48 hours in advance to email@example.com or 0458 152 594 or call 02 4283 6999 of who you will be staying with, so a place can be held for you
- Please have your camping ticket, photo ID & car rego ready on arrival at WSLR Reception.
- TENT ONLY accommodation. No camper vans, no pop up trailers, no caravans. (Camping spaces are allocated upon arrival)
- ALL SITES are considered unpowered
- All vehicles MUST be parked to the south of the camping area in the grassed area adjoining the WSLR property. Vehicles are only permitted at the campsite for unloading and loading purposes.
- NSW road rules apply within WSLR.
- No riding of bicycles or scooters without a helmet.
- Maximum of 12 persons per site permitted. People on the site must consent to their contact details (name and mobile) being provided to others who will be staying on the same site, in order to comply with Wollongong City Council’s rules.
- No campfires are permitted within WSLR or surrounding areas for safety reasons.
- No animals permitted anywhere on WSLR sites (excluding guide dogs or medically authorised assistance dogs). All rubbish must be removed from your site and placed in bins provided.
- Glass bottles are not to be taken into amenity blocks due to the safety risks of broken glass
- Check in will be between 12pm-11pm Friday, and from 8am Saturday
- Check out will be between 8am-11am Monday
- Camping noise curfew applies from 10pm to 8am.
- Campers are required to comply with the instructions of park management and security.
- Intoxication and drug use will not be tolerated
- WSLR Management may evict a camper if management deems that the camper presents a safety risk to other people with in WSLR, or if the camper damages property or interferes with, or cause or permit interference with the safety, reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of any person lawfully within WSLR, or if the camper refuses to follow directions of WSLR management.
- WSLR does not take responsibility for any items left behind.
You will not be allowed to park your car at your campsite. Parking will be available just outside of the Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort. All campers will need to drop off their tents etc and then move car to the car park outside of the premises.
You will only be allowed to access your car during the hours of 8am – 11am each day, and you will need to arrive/depart through the WSLR main entrance. (if you do not have your car back in before the 11am cut off, you will need to find alternative parking outside the WSLR). On Monday 1st October, we will open the southern gates at 6:30am for the convenience of people who need to leave early.
Yours & Owls will provide a free shuttle bus, which will run roughly every 15-20 mins between Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort and the festival site at Stuart Park from 11am to 12am.
The pick up at WSLR will be located at the southern end of the camping car park, near Fairy Meadow Surf Club.